SOKO MARKETPLACE ELIGIBLITY
Please Note: This application will only be processed if our marketplace is not at capacity. Once we are at capacity, interested vendors will be placed on a waiting list.
Please read our SOKO Marketplace application entirely before continuing.
1. All applications are subject to approval.
2. Our weekly marketplace will take place at Shady Park every Saturday.
3. Set up will begin at 7 a.m., and all vendors must begin breakdown at 1:00 p.m. and complete clean up by 2:00 p.m.
4. The marketplace will run from 8 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
5. Notification of participation will be Thursdays. Payment must be rendered the Thursday you are notified.
6. Sixty vendor spaces are available at the SOKO Marketplace.
7. Applications without payment 24 hours after approval will be placed on the waiting list.
8. ABSOLUTELY NO VENDOR PAYMENT WILL BE RENDERED ON SIGHT OR THE DAY OF THE MARKETPLACE.**
9. All vendor payments must be paid online.
10. VENDOR PAYMENT WILL "NOT" BE REFUNDED***.
11. The SOKO Marketplace operates rain or shine except if there is lightning or severe weather conditions.
12. Neither, The Equity Council Corp. nor The City of Winter Park is not responsible for stolen, damaged, or weather ruined goods. The vendor assumes all risk and liability for damaged goods.
13. Business and product insurance is highly recommended.
14. Hannibal Square residents residing in the CRA will be given priority consideration and are subject to marketplace approval.
15. All vendors must submit one full booth photo, one top display photo, 1 product photo with the application below.
Please Note: At times, during severe weather conditions, we may be permitted to continue our marketplace inside the Winter Park Community Center. This weather contingency decision can only be made by management at the Winter Park Community Center due to scheduling and space availability. We advised all SOKO Marketplace vendors to purchase a tent with zipper sides for the best protection against the elements. At this time, this specific tent type is "not" a requirement but a suggestion for a worst-case severe weather scenario to participate at The SOKO Marketplace. When purchasing or upgrading your vendor tent, please use the example below to plan accordingly for vending in all weather conditions.
THE ECC IS LOOKING TO FILL SPACES FOR THE FOLLOWING VENDOR CATEGORIES:
-Cultural Wear and Jewelry
-Art and Handcrafted items
-Body Butters, Oils, and Essential Self Care Items
-Various Primary Small Vendors (book vendors and vendors of various small valuable household items)
-Bakery Items or Close Container Food Vending
-Open Container Vending
-Nonprofit Organizations, including Watoto Children's Market (limited spaces available)
-Small scale horticultural items (house plants, flowers, seedlings for the garden, herbs)
Space is assigned upon approval for Open Public Forum, exhibit, entertainment, demonstration, and promotion. No more than two primary small vendors may utilize the Market at one given time. Secondary items must cover an area no greater than 25% of the total display space assigned to the vendor. All applications must be completed in their entirety.
***PLEASE NOTE CONCESSIONAIRES/ FOOD VENDORS: (Additional municipality may apply)
All Food Vendors must adhere to the following additional cost and restrictions that must be complete before applying. Please submit the certification to the City of Winter Park with your application for approval and consideration.
-Close Container Selling Permit is an additional $25 per sales day per sales station paid to the City of Winter Park, FL. For example, (Prepackaged commercially available non-alcoholic beverages, snacks such as candy, chips, muffins, and the like as regulated by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.)
-Open Container Selling Permit is an additional $50 per sales day per sales station paid to the City of Winter Park, FL. An example: (Prepared food of any sort that requires cooking or sales of foods as defined by the
Department of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations and include but are not limited to the sale of foods that require refrigeration such as sandwiches, meats, etc.)
The municipal form can be found at:
**State Food Safety Standards are strictly enforced; please plan accordingly.
If you have any additional questions, please be assured that the online application is completed in its entirety, and give us a call at 407-490-2902. Please make sure you leave a voicemail. You can also email us at email@example.com. Thank You.